The new version of the Avian Waves website is now online! It took much longer than expected to complete, but I think it is now finally done. It may still need some tweaks here and there, so please contact me if you find any issues.
My debut album has just arrived from the mastering studio (www.gklabs.com) where it was sweetened to crystal clarity! All that is left is some artwork tweaks and CD duplication. The album should be available very early 2007. I am excited for it to finally go on sale, professionally mastered and professionally pressed.
It seems all I've been blogging about recently is RD Tabs. Well, 1.0.8 is now out! It's mainly a bug fix release. No new features have been added. I won't be adding any more features to the 1.0.x branch, but will continue to release bug fixes until 1.1 is ready. I'm working on a lot of cool new things for 1.1 including a more versatile tab manager! Stay tuned for that.
For an introduction to RD Tabs, read this blog post.
Download RD Tabs 1.0.8 here.
Here's the list of changes from 1.0.7 to 1.0.8...
- Setup now creates a "RD Tabs" folder to store all things RD Tabs under the Avian Waves folder in the Start Menu, since I am writing more software...
- Attempted to fix issue where RD Tabs would occassionally (rarely) hang when closing. It appears rarely that something is not cleaning up properly (or timely) in the RDP ActiveX control (or possibly the wrapper) and the application sits and waits... A ten second hard timeout is set up now which will hopefully cause a forceful termination if the application takes longer than ten seconds to close. I won't know unless I see this issue pop up again.
- Fixed bug in Export Favorites feature where it would only allow you to export using the "Browse" button and not directly by typing in a path and filename into the textbox.
- More "friendly" error messages are provided for common errors while exporting favorites (such as invalid filename).
- On tab close, the focus now moves to the right instead of the left. I mistakenly assumed in version 1.0.7 that in most tabbed programs the focus moved left. I have found since it moves right in every test case I've tried! If you prefer the focus to move left, change the parameter OnTabCloseSwitchFocusToTheRight from TRUE to FALSE in the user.config or rdtabs.config files. This setting is currently not configurable from the GUI.