XS BAP, my Bulk Administration Password tool, has just received a major overhaul and facelift! But it isn't ready for "prime time" just yet. It needs a good public beta testing! For everybody who currently is using XS BAP 1.0, give this update a try. There are numerous new features and XS BAP now takes full advantage of the DotNet Framework 2.0 for better performance and a more slick UI. Post comments in this blog or email me and let me know how this version is holding up. I want to get all the bugs ironed out so I can upload this to download.com. Thank you for your support.
So what exactly does XS BAP do and why do you absolutely NEED it if you are a Windows Admin in a small, medium, or large company? Click here to read this wonderful article in MCP Mag that explains it better than I ever could!
Click here to visit the XS BAP home page. Remember, XS BAP is freeware!
XS BAP 2.0 download links:
- Zip file with setup.exe and msi installer
- MSI installer only
Here is the changelog for version 2.0's new features:
- First release in the 2.0.x code-line. Public beta.
- Converted original project to Dot Net Framework 2.0.
- Fixed many conventions that did not conform to standard Windows usability standards.
- Updated UI to "XP-style."
- Added auto-update feature and also a manual update link in the help menu.
- Added MRU feature.
- Added ability to import from white-space delimited text files.
- Improved error handling.
- Improved speed and reliability of updating/verifying code.
- Added ability to customize random and complex password definitions.
- Added persistent user configurations.
- Added window-state memory (application remembers it's last window size and maximize state).
- Added error reporting service for fatal application errors.
- Added detection capabilities for if user is domain admin or not.
- Changed menu arrangements slightly.
- Added toolbar customization.
- Added "ping" column to tell whether or not a computer is online.
- Added status bar which reports selected rows, last results of operations, and whether or not the saved file is encrypted using NTFS' EFS.
- Improved handling of window resizing for alternate font sizes (although I know I haven't caught them all!).
- Improved computer importing abilities.
- Added an "Edit" menu. Please note that table operations are not undoable!
- Improved clipboard handling for copying and pasting information in the table.
- Added ability to manually set computer status (Updated and Verified status columns)
- Password is no longer revealed by simply selecting the cell. You must now either double-click (to edit) or use the "reveal passwords" toolbar button or menu item.
- Updated icons, but they still suck. Is anybody out there an artist who can improve this for me?? Please?? :-)
- Added shameless donation and Avian Waves music website plugs!
- Data files are 100% backward compatible with XS BAP 1.0.